Summer Eye Trends from UK Makeup Artist Jules Cardozo-Marsh.
“Kenzo, Christian Dior and Derek Lam introduced splashes of cobalt blue, neon pink and jade green to emphasise eyes this season, offering a fresh and fun approach to brightening your complexion and adding a rave-inspired edge to pretty Summer florals. Mustard yellow suits most complexions and is incredibly easy to wear.”
Jules’ step by Step:
- Create a flawless complexion by applying a liquid foundation using a synthetic foundation brush, then sculpt cheekbones with a matte cream-based colour one shade darker than your skin tone to define your features.
- To keep emphasis on the eyes, coat lips with a nude lipstick. Avoid lip gloss to maintain a matt finish.
- Prep eyelids with a translucent powder to eliminate shine and ensure colour is applied evenly. Using a soft, ponytail eye shadow brush take a matte, mustard yellow, powder eyeshadow and apply carefully all over the eye, spreading along the lash line and building up towards the eyebrow.
- Define eyes by applying a subtle lick of eyeliner to the upper lid, teamed with a light coat of mascara.
“For the evening, pair this look with dark brown or charcoal grey on the outer corner and heavier mascara for a modern twist to the smokey eye.”
“Tangerine lips were seen at Temperley, Sonia Rykiel and Prada this season and demonstrated a
great way to wear colour without having to rely on the usual pinks and berries. To carry off this
fresh, youthful look, keep skin radiant and bronze-free and highlight eyes with defined, black
Jules’ step by Step:
- Your lips should be the main focus so aim for flawless, sheer skin using a touch of tinted moisturizer and translucent powder over the t-zone.
- Subtly enhance your eyes with a slick of mascara to keep them looking bright and wide then frame the face by defining your brows with a waxy eyebrow pencil. Use a brow brush to enhance the natural arch of your brow for a polished finish.
- Coat lips in a primer to give a smooth base for even lipstick application. Next, fill in the lips neatly with a liner that matches your chosen lipstick shade to give it something to adhere to, and extra lasting power.
- Using a lip brush, carefully apply your lipstick starting from the centre of the mouth working your way out towards the corners.
- Finally, use your lip liner to define your cupid’s bow, the corners of the mouth and the middle of the lower lip for extra impact and a flawless shape.
“Get an extra edgy look by lightly sweeping a cool-toned orange blusher onthe apple of your cheeks and along your cheekbones for true 80’s revival.”
For more information on Jules Cardozo-Marsh visit www.JulesCardozo-Marsh.com