Tips & Tricks Look 1: Red Lips
Red Lips are super sexy but can be super messy if you’re not careful. To avoid the lip color bleeding make sure you follow these simple tips to keep your pout perfect 🙂
- If your lips are dry, ex foliate them with a lip scrub – My favorite is the bubblegum lip scrub by LUSH – it’s all natural and tastes yum too 🙂 – put some lip balm on, let it settle for a few minutes then remove excess so lips are left feeling soft.
- When applying foundation remember to also apply it over your lips. This will create an even tone base for your lip color as well as give additional stay power, so your lip color won’t budge.
- Line your lips with a lip liner. This is a simple but very important step when working with bold colors. Lip liner helps keep the lip stick in place, & enables you to define your lips. You can change the shape of your lips, enhance certain areas of them as well as make them appear fuller. **OPTIONAL** most people like to color their lips in with the lip liner for extra stay power and also to reduce feathering but you don’t have to do this.
- Apply your lipstick of choice using a lip brush for a precise application of color. If you would like to put gloss over the top for some extra oomph you can 🙂
- Using a fine makeup brush (or a q-tip) apply a small amount of foundation or concealer around your lips and blend well. This is another safe guard so color won’t feather out, and also assists in cleaning up any errors you may have made previously. Also it give the lips a nice neat, and even look, ensuring your sassy smile is super sexy
Tips & Tricks 2: Smokey Eyes during the day
Smokey eyes aren’t just for the night time and they don’t always have to be black. They can be just as pretty with a nice natural color and some highlight. Here are my tips on creating a day time simple smokey eye.
- Choose a medium brown eye shadow preferably matte and apply this from your lash line to just above your crease line using a fluffy eye shadow brush. When your eyes are open you need to be able to see your brown eyeshadow. Use the same brown eyeshadow and lightly apply it to your lower lash line.
- Use a matte off white color for your highlight and apply this under the brow bone. Blend the color down towards the medium brown tone making sure harsh lines where the 2 colors meet are blended together smoothly.
- Select a slightly metallic or shimmer eye shadow in an off white color and apply this in the inner corner of the eye near the tear duct. Blend slightly up toward the inner part of the eye lid as well as the inner part of the lower lash line.
- Curl eye lashes and put a generous amount of mascara on to open up the eye & your look is complete.
Pair these eyes with a slightly blushed or bronzed cheek and a light peach lip for a perfect day look