What’s in your summer beach bag? Your lucky number Seven
Hello all my Curvy dolls! As we prepare for this upcoming season, we are inclined to mark down all the fun and important events taking place. Preparing for outdoor parties, events and relaxing days at the beach. With all of this preparation, we must remember those we cannot live without. They can make the difference between a fabulous time or just another hot and humid day. It is with this in mind that I bring you your lucky number seven. The seven must have items you need for your beach bag. So without further delay, here is my list of seven beauty essentials:
- Sunscreen/ Sunblock: This is probably the most important item you can ever have. It isn’t only for summer, but should be used year round. Neutrogena has a couple of great formulas- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock is made with Helioplex and fights against UVA & UVB rays. It works wonderful under makeup as well. For those days of playing volleyball or in the pool, Neutrogena’s Ultimate Sport sunblock is fabulous and does not cause breakouts or clog pores
- Lip Balm with SPF: There is no way to spend a day in the sun without a moisturizing lip balm with SPF to protect your lips. Burt’s Bees has an amazing line of balms with SPF to protect your lips from harmful rays. You can get them through Target and target.com. The best part is they are all 100% natural. The lip shimmer balm has a gorgeous hint of color and shimmer to wear day or night.
- Moisturizing face mist: When you are in the sun for a long period of time, your skin is what takes the hardest hit. It can become dry and dehydrated. The right face mist can rejuvenate and nourish the skin. The vitamin E face mist from The Body Shop is essential to replenishing the skin. It is wonderful for traveling as well.
- Nail Polish: Nothing is more important that making sure your nails are perfect for sandal season! Take a look at China Glaze’s gorgeous new collections – Island Escape and Crackle effects polishes. Perfect to make your tootsie look beautiful in the sand.
- Finishing Spray: For those hot summer nights when you want to go out on the town. It is imperative to have that perfect finishing spray that controls oil, takes away shine and keeps your makeup lasting. Skindinavia has a few different formulations to work with various skin types and leaves your face looking flawless.
- Hair Products: The summer brings a free spirit feeling in the air. This makes us want to let our hair down and look like we are ready for anything. Weather you want smooth or curly hair, you need the right product to make it look healthy and shiny. Uncle Funky’s Daughter Extra Butter is wonderful at fortifying curls/waves and giving them that extra love they need after a long day in the sun. For straightening hair, Macadamia Oil’s healing Oil Spray is perfect at infusing moisture into the hair and giving it the perfect shine.
- Body Lotion: Nothing is more visible than your skin. It goes through so much on a daily basis and in the summer, it is just as bad. A day at the beach can leave your body dry and crying out for moisture. Lubriderm is one of the best lotions of all time and with their new look and various formulations, there is one for everyone. They also have a new cocoa and shea butter radiance formula that is designed to give you silky smooth skin in a non-greasy formula.
So these are my lucky seven products that I cannot live without. Since I am in Miami, I have them year round. I hope you look into these products, as I am sure there is something you’ll see but may have not thought about. The brands list are all available either through mass retail outlets or through their website. So as we approach a time of fun and play, don’t forget to get your beach bag prepared.