Living in South Florida, summer can feel like it is year round, so I am constantly on the hunt for makeup that works with our tropical climate. With that in mind, I am bringing you my view on what’s hot in 2011 Summer collections of waterproof beauty. These are the products that are long lasting and won’t run down your face as you run down the beach. Not everyone needs to wear a full face of makeup when planning a trip to the pool or beach. It you do however like to have that dewey, natural look, there are wonderful items you can use. Here is my choices on some amazing waterproof / long lasting items perfect for summer:
• Instead of a thick foundation, tinted moisturizers are light on the skin and perfect because most of them give you a healthy glow. There are several formulas that blend into the skin & do not fade, such as Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics newest launch, OCC Tint. Made to withstand the tests of professional mediums, it does not fade or oxidize. It is nourishing to the skin and has buildable coverage in a light weight formula It works beautifully alone or under powder for a fabulous finish.
• As for a concealer, there is the Bye Bye under eyes from IT cosmetics, which is a waterproof and full coverage concealer that does not set into fine lines or wrinkles.
• Cheek tints are perfect for warmer climates because they do not fade and give that perfect flush to the skin. These include Benefit’s benetint and posietint lip and cheek stains.
• As for your eyes, there are some amazing waterproof, long lasting eyeliners out right now. In pencil form there are the Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes liner pencils. They are smudge and waterproof. In gel liners, Tarte’s emphasEYES Amazonian clay waterproof eyeliners are extraordinary. They are practically bullet proof and look beautifully on.
• When looking for that right mascara, there are so many to choose from. A waterproof one that does not flake or smudge is d.j.v. beautenizer’s Fiberwig XL mascara with a latex coating formula that lengthens lashes.
• As for getting that gorgeous long lasting color, there are several brands. One that I love is the Tarte LipSurgence Natural Matte lip tint. It has a minty taste and feels so nourishing on the lips. It also is long lasting is clinically proven to increase your lips moisture in 28 days. There are also really beautiful lip stains that look wonderful and last, such as Revlon’s just bitten lip stain.
There really are more and more water resistant products being launched within the beauty industry. No matter what climate you are in, it is always beneficial to know what can work for you. All products listed here can be found either through Sephora, Ulta, or their own websites. Waterproof products are great because they do not fade or disappear. It is finding the right ones that can make your beauty look last and last. Enjoy your summer!