It was an amazing, star-studded night at the Beverly Hills Hotel last night celebrating the 69th annual Golden Globe awards. The fashion was flawless, the hair sparkling and of course, the makeup was breathtaking. Two ladies stopping the traffic of the red carpet were the gorgeous Sofia Vergara and Paula Patton, the two most recently introduced spokes models for the brand Covergirl who created their beautiful looks. Here is the inside scoop from the makeup artists themselves:
Last night’s #GoldenGlobes red carpet was truly a reflection of Hollywood fashion and glam at its best! Our spokesperson Sofia Vergara stunned in a Vera Wang gown while delivering a natural youthful COVERGIRL look. Sofia’s hit show Modern Family took home the Golden Globe for best TV comedy series but it was her speech that stole the show! A prideful Latina and role model for Latinas all around, Sofia made sure to let everyone know she was @Orgullosa of being on that stage! Our newest addition, COVERGIRL Queen Collection ambassador & star of the latest Mission Impossible movie, Paula Patton, also stood out in a bright yellow/gold/mustard/canary dress by LA designer Monique Lhuillier as she presented a coveted Golden Globe next to Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy while rocking the latest COVERGIRL innovation, the new LashBlast 24HR Mascara.
Sofia Vergara by Kayleen McAdams
· Inspiration/Dress: This look is all about the lips. We chose a bright plum lip and kept the eyes soft with bronze shadow and multiple coats of mascara. The dress is a gorgeous Vera Wang in a shade of teal and the hair (@atkinjen) is very sleek and youthful so we wanted the makeup to stand out and look youthful as well.
· Face: I started by applying COVERGIRL TRUconceal Concealer #4 under the eyes and around the nose. I then applied COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Nutmeg with a sponge and set that with COVERGIRL Clean Pressed Powder in Soft Honey. I chose a plum toned blush (COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Plumberry Glow) and applied it along the cheekbones and apples of the cheeks.
· Eyes: I applied COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 3-kit Shadow in Golden Sunset all over the lid and into the crease and then applied three coats of NEW COVERGIRL LashBlast 24HR Mascara to the top lashes and one coat on the bottom.
· Application Tip: This keeps the lipstick from bleeding, but makes it easier to apply the line with the moisture of the lipstick.
· What’s in the clutch?: When she was ready to hit the red carpet, I sent Sofia on her way with powder, lip pencil and lipstick for reapplication.
Paula Patton by Fiona Stiles
· Inspiration/Dress: Paula was wearing a strapless Monique Lhuillier gown, a beautiful sunny yellow. We wanted to keep the look light and pretty, focusing on lashes and cheeks, playing up the happy element of the color.
· Face: After prepping the skin, I used a flat synthetic foundation brush to swipe on COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Liquid Makeup in Rich Sand , applying it to the bridge of the nose, the cheeks, the forehand and the chin. Then I used the brush to blend the color out towards the jaw and hairline, going over the base with a criss-cross motion to ensure that it was well blended and there were no lines. I used a little COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Concealer in Light to cover any darkness under the eye or redness along the side of the nose, feathering it out so it blended perfectly with the foundation. Before I powdered with COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Pressed Powder in Light Bronze , I used a dual fiber brush to apply a bit of COVERIGRL + Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Lush Berry onto the apples of the cheeks and then after I powdered, I used a touch of COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Classic Pink to brighten the face a bit more.
· Application Tip: I like to combine cream and powder blush – just make sure you apply “like to like,” so use the cream blush before you powder and the powder blush after the makeup is set.
· Eyebrows: Next I focused on the brows. I gave them a nice full look by adding a little to the shape with COVERGIRL Brow & Eyemakers Pencil in Midnight Brown. The key to making it not look too heavy is to run a clean spooly through the brows after you fill in with pencil. This softens the lines and blends the color in, making it undetectable. Set the brows with a clear gel, brushing the hairs into the desired shape.
· Eyes: For the eyes, I started by sweeping COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Light Bronze over the lid, giving the eye a wash of warmth and a little depth, while still looking like her skin. Then I took COVERGIRL Queen Collection Eyeliner in Black Onyx and drew a black line all along the upper lash line, pushing it into the lashes. Taking a small synthetic brush, I smudged the line, softening the edge, making it less severe. I used a little black liner on the bottom as well, pushing it deep into the lashes so that when I applied NEW COVERGIRL LashBlast 24HR Mascara, the illusion was thicker, darker lashes.
· Lips: A soft pale, peachy lip achieved using COVERGIRL Queen Collection Lip Gloss in Starlet Sand, made Paula look radiant without distracting too much from the eyes, and the wash of warm pink on the cheeks gave her a fresh, healthy flush.
· Focus: The eyes–soft liner and strong lashes–were the focus of the look, so the lips and cheeks were just meant to compliment them.
· What’s in the clutch?: I gave Paula her lip gloss, a few cotton buds, and some blotting papers for her to take with her on the red carpet. I wish I could be there to touch up my clients when they get to the red carpet, but once I leave them they are on their own. The challenge is fitting all of those touch up supplies in those teeny tiny clutches!
For more information on the products used, please go to: www.covergirl.com. Enjoy awards season my beauties! Xoxo
Digital Marketing Expert (15yrs+). Editor of CURVY Magazine. Award Winning Producer. Geek. Stylenista.