Did you see the episode of Scandal this week? Kerry Washington who plays Olivia Pope on Scandal can wear any style and make a statement. Hair styles can speak volumes for your style and is an important value when presenting your personal brand. What is your favorite style and which one would you choose? Kerry certainly gives us a lot of inspiration to reinvent our look (sigh) with all of the styles she rocks especially as Olivia Pope. Here are my top recommended styles to make a bold statement:
1) The Bob- short or mid-length haircut in which the hair is typically cut straight around the head at about jaw-level (I prefer the Jaw Level). It can also be worn curly or wavy on he ends. Short and Sweet anywhere you go!
2) Long, Curly, and Layered- I have short hair but this is where extensions can be a daring, exciting choice!
3) Pulled Back halfway- This is the sensual, elegant look…
4) Ponytail- Nothing says sassy than a ponytail that is neat and with the right make-up it can really propel your this look. Sassy, says I am feminine but I can be tough.
5) Long, Layered, and Locks- Rock this look with a suit and it says Power and Control. Great for an interview or to set the tone for a promotion.
6) Long, Layered, Locks, and pulled to one side- Nothing like showing a little shoulder. This is a look you can go strapless. I don’t like to show my shoulders so I let the my locks become my natural drape of Sexy!
Be the Envy in your circle. Try one of these styles and OWN it!
Scandal is a television drama written by Shonda Rhimes, Creator of the Popular Show Grey’s Anatomy. Scandal airs on ABC at THURSDAYS 10|9c. You can also follow Curvy Magazine on Thursday Nights @ https://www.facebook.com/curvyrevolution for the weekly chat.
Ulunda Baker is a writer, poet, and CEO of UBsmart, Inc, Raised in St. Petersburg, FL she has great passion for helping people, business, and communities. To learn more about her Follow her @UlundaBaker on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. She recently through writing for Curvy has become empowered to be the beautiful woman on the outside that she has always felt she was within regardless of her size. She rocks a 2x fearlessly!