So last night we got to see some hit and misses on the Red Carpet for the Golden Globe awards, however this beauty was definitely a hit! Covergirl did a wonderful job putting together their Latina Covergirl, Sofia Vergara. Rocking a voluminous black dress by Zac Posen and a serious statement necklace from Lorraine Schwartz we think that the “Modern Family” actress was hands-down one of the night’s best overall looks, including Best Dressed. Below, see a breakdown of the bombshell’s beauty look from a rare, new perspective – her own! Sofia dishes on her makeup for the big award show night and shares the COVERGIRL products used to help create her glamorous red-carpet look.
Image courtesy of P&G/Getty
Sofia Vergara Breaks Down her Golden Globes Look!
“For this year’s Golden Globes, I really wanted to do something different. I wear makeup every day – I wouldn’t think about leaving the house without it! – but of course it’s such a big night, and everyone is taking pictures, so I have to look good! With my dress so elegant and my necklace so bold (and heavy!), I wanted to keep my hair and makeup simple and classic.” says Sofia.
1. To start off with a good base that would last all night, I started with COVERGIRL truBLEND Foundation in M6 which is super lightweight and blendable.
2. On top, a light dusting of powder to set the look and a bit of rosy color for the apples of my cheeks with Clean Glow Blush in Roses.
3. My dress and jewels were the center of attention, so I had to balance my hair and makeup. For me, a really glamorous evening look starts with the eyes. I love the drama of a cat eye – tonight I went with brown liner as opposed to black with Bombshell Liner in Chocolate Kiss to create the look.
4. I then used Bombshell Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess to give my eyes a little sparkle.
6. For me, lipstick is a must – I feel naked without it. I wish I could just wear a nude shade, but it’s not me – I need color. I went with a bold red with LipPerfection Lip Color in Flame.
7. Oh I also always keep a gloss in my purse for touch-ups!
Join COVERGIRL online for more beauty tips and looks!
o Facebook: www.facebook.com/COVERGIRL
o Twitter: www.twitter.com/COVERGIRL
o Instagram: www.instagram.com/COVERGIRL
o YouTube: www.youtube.com/COVERGIRL
o Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/COVERGIRLxo
o Tumblr: www.covergirl.tumblr.com