Makeup artist Stephen Sollitto created a “bold, unabashed look” for Adams, who stars in the upcoming movie, “American Hustle.” Sollitto drew inspiration from the star’s David Koma dress, which featured bold black and white graphics. Sollitto noted, “I always try to incorporate a color or style from the dress into the makeup look. Although his dress is simple black and white, a bold, overall look with a strong eye spoke to me.”
FACE: Illuminated, flawless skin
· Sollitto first moisturized the skin using RéVive Sensitif Renewal Cream Daily Cellular Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen, ($215).
· Then he applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Hydrating, ($32) all over Adams’ face.
· Next, he applied the product he “recommends to everyone,” Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Natural, ($43), which enhanced Adams’ complexion, but allowed her “skin to breathe.”
· He used Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Praline, ($24) to “warm her skin” and create a “perfect, neutral cheek.”
LIPS: Neutral, polished lip – allowing the eyes to be the focal point
· Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Café, ($24) to create a simple, but prominent pout.
EYES: Strong, bold eyes complement her dress
· First, Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Twinkling Star, ($23) which provides a soft-sparkle effect, brilliantly reflecting the lights on the red carpet.
· Next, he applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Twilight, ($26) on her upper and lower lash line and all over her eyelid. He blended the shade using an eye shadow brush, creating a light, but dramatic smoky eye to complement Adams’ dress.
· Using Laura Mercier Graphic Liquid Eyeliner, ($24), he cleanly lined Adams’ upper and lower lash line. He then brushed Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Gunmetal Smoke ($23) all over the eyelid, softening the dark tone of the eyeliner. He then applied Dior Diorshow Blackout Mascara ($25) to her upper and lower lashes.
· Adding the final touch, he gently brushed one stroke of Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Crystal Fantasy, ($24), a “frosty-mint” hue, to her inner eyelids adding light to the corners of her eyes.