Want to rock a fashion week look off the runway? Check out this easy how to guide. The look was created by lead artist, Joey Sanchez for Cargo Cosmetics, dubbed “Gotham Disco Dollies” and played off the 70s and 80s glam inspired collection. The face was made up of high impact shine on eyelids and cheekbones, with cancelled out brows and a bright, strong lip.
Get-the-look from Joey Sanchez:
STEP ONE: PRIME THE FACE
- Prime the face using the Cargo HD Picture Perfect Pore Refining Primer followed by foundation.
STEP TWO: CANCEL OUT THE BROWS
- Use wax on the brows to create a base for cancelling. This is not a total drag queen style, but we took a page out of those fierce ladies’ book! Layer on the wax and use translucent powder until completely flattened and matte.
- Cover the brow using a creamy concealer with a thick consistency as opposed to liquid foundation. I used Cargo Cosmetics’ Double Agent Concealing Balm.
- I then went back and lined the inner part of the brow with the Brow Pencil and set it with powder.
STEP THREE: HIGHLIGHT AND CONTOUR
- Match concealer to the model’s inner wrist to find the right shade for highlighting and drawing their features forward. This is a tip I use to bring forth dimensions in the face. Finish with Cargo HD Picture Perfect Pressed Powder all over to set.
- Now that you have your perfect, blank canvas – we get to do the fun stuff! We used the Cargo ColorStick in “Champagne” as an eye shadow base and used it to highlight cheekbones followed by the Matte Bronzer for contouring.
STEP FOUR: ADD LOTS OF SHEEN AND DEFINITION TO THE EYES
- We used a mix of the Cargo Eye Shadow Single in “Toronto” with the Colorstick in “Champagne” for the eyes. Lots of shimmer and sheen that look amazing – almost wet – under the runway lights.
- The hot lights made Cargo’s Swimmables water-resistant (aka sweat proof!) line a must. We lined using the Eye Pencil in “Black Sea.” I winged out the liner diffusing as I go for a more blended look. We also lined the inner waterline and lower lashes.
- I added falsies for lots of drama and finished the look off with Cargo’s new Boundless Lashes Mascara.
FINISH WITH A STRONG RED POUT
- For the lips, I primed with the HD Lip Primer, lined using Swimmables Lip Pencil in “Moscow” and then made a custom blend of the Essential Lip Color in “Paris” and “Sedona” for that beautiful red shade. Topped it off with a shimmer Lip Gloss on the bottom pout and cupid’s bow in “Belgium.”
All products avaliable@ cargocosmetics.com