Step into the new year with easy resolutions you can keep like walking! January is the official the launch of the American Heart Association‘s Walking Clubs. Walking is the single most effective form of exercise to achieve heart health, it is easy to start and continue and it has the lowest dropout rate of any physical activity. It’s also free!
Here are a few ways to look at this for those deciding on a healthy resolution:
* Get a health “club” membership with no fee by forming or signing up for a Walking Club
* Clubbing may get you back in your skinny jeans, join or form a Walking Club
* Are you a gym drop-out? Try a new health club, join or form a Walking Club
In summary, American Heart Association Walking Clubs help you connect with others who share your goals, lifestyles, schedules and hobbies. As part of the My Heart. My Life. healthy living solution from the American Heart Association, Walking Clubs encourage Americans to take up walking, which as I mentioned above, has the lowest dropout rate for any physical activity. Visit at www.mywalkingclub.org to form or join a club.
Easy Walking Clubs Sign-Up
1. Visit www.mywalkingclub.org
2. Click on Learn More
3. Sign-up by filling out the online form and select which you’d like to do:
a. Start a Club: Serve as an organizer, mentor and motivator for your American Heart Association Walking Club. You’ll be responsible for setting up your group and helping spread the word in your community about the benefits of walking. Checking this box doesn’t limit your options – you can join a club at any time too.
b. Join a Club: Join scheduled walks with others, set goals and celebrate accomplishments. Sign up now and search for a group based on location or similar interests. Checking this box doesn’t limit your options – you can start a club at any time too.
4. Click Submit
The site also has a library of how-to guides for club organizers that includes:
- Walking 101
- How to Start a Walking Club
- How to Promote a Walking Club
- How to Host a Walking Club Event
- How to Grow a Walking Club
For more info about the American Heart Association log on to http://www.heart.org Good luck!