I have no idea how many diets I tried in 2012. It seemed like I was doing a consumer panel for some research company. I will have to say however the most effective of them was the one I started the year out with because it didn’t just focus on what to eat, how to exercise but it had a whole body approach.
Dr. Oz published something called “The 28 Day Diet” in O Magazine last year and it really put me in a different space about losing weight. I am certainly no way near my goal weight but as I keep trying to reach it I’ve learned a few things from Dr. Oz:
1. It’s good to start the year off with A Fresh Start.
2. Chocolate isn’t bad, especially dark chocolate :). Just think MODERATION not “I deserve something sweet.” Trust me it will get you in trouble every time.
3. Forgiveness is key – Nuff Said!
4. There are great FREE support groups (Spark People) and technology (Think iTunes apps) that can help you lose weight!
5. “Get Busy Getting Busy” Yep…throwin down in the bedroom is a great way to not only build up a good sweat but it also boosts your immune system.
So off you go…get ready for the New Year by following some of these tips. If you want to see more of my 28 Day Diet journey visit the Cocktails and Conversation blog and try it during January. You’ll thank me and Dr. Oz for sure!