Written by MELANIE BRYANT
I should probably be rolling out the apple recipes and making my way into the traditional desserts that scream SUMMER, but I can’t help that I’m a woman who sometimes only hears the voice of chocolate calling. While SUMMER desserts rock in their own way, there are plenty of good, gooey, and warm chocolate desserts that can keep my heart singing all season long, but one of my favorite all time desserts is this recipe for a flourless chocolate cake. It’s easy, sophisticated, and is fabulous with fresh raspberries, a dollop of whipped cream and well, if you insist, a few shavings of really good dark chocolate.
It’s the perfect dessert for a fall dinner party because you can make it ahead of time and forget about it until later, and ladies, if you have any leftovers, stash them in the fridge–when this cake is chilled, it’s just like eating fudge.
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberries
- 3 squares bittersweet chocolate (3 ounces)
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate (2 ounces)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of an 8 inch Springform pan with waxed paper; butter the waxed paper and the sides of the pan.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl and microwave on high heat, in 1 minute intervals until the butter and chocolate are melted.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, thoroughly mixing each one until fully incorporated.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake until firm to the touch about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool; remove sides of pan.
- Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve slightly cold with fresh raspberries and whipping cream.
Want more recipes like this? Be sure to check out CURVY Magazine Issue 03