Written by CHEF RORY SCHEPISI
Grilled Ham, Sugared Asparagus and Alfredo Pizza
- 4 10 oz. dough balls
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 12 slices of ham of choice
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cajun seasoning to taste
Proof yeast in the warm water. In a separate bowl, place flour, salt, sugar and oil. Make a well in the center that resembles the opening of a volcano and place the yeast and water in it. Mix thoroughly until the consistency is of an elastic ball. Leave the ball of dough in bowl and loosely cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
Split the dough into four pieces. Roll out one of the dough balls on a floured surface. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before placing on grill.
- Heat the grill to about 350 F. Roll out your dough to an oval shape about a 1/2 inch thick. Oil both sides and season the dough with salt and pepper.
- Place your dough on the grill and cook for about four minutes on each side.
- Cut bottoms of the asparagus off and roll in olive oil then season with sea salt and sugar. Place on grill and cook until asparagus starts to caramelize. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, add you heavy cream and let it come to a light simmer. Add your Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and simmer for five minutes or until sauce thickens. Add Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Once the dough is grilled on both sides, you’re ready to add your toppings. You can either remove the pizza from the grill or just add the toppings to your pizza on the grill.
- Place slices of ham on grill for a minute until it starts to crisp slightly.
- Top your dough with Alfredo sauce, grilled asparagus, grilled ham and a light layer of shredded mozzarella. Place pizza on grill and close lid for five minutes or until cheese is melted.
Want more recipes like this? Be sure to check out CURVY Magazine Issue 03