Written by CHEF KENNETH TEMPLE
Grilled Smoked Gouda Pizza With BBQ Chicken, Grilled Red Onions, and Artichoke Hearts
- 4 10 oz. dough balls
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced in full circles)
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup marinara or tomato sauce (any sauce will work)
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rough chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat the grill to about 350 F. Oil and season chicken breasts and cook for approximately seven minutes on each side or until the chicken breast is cooked all the way through.
- While your chicken is cooking, roll out your dough to an oval shape about a 1/2 inch thick. Oil both sides and season the dough with salt and pepper.
- Place your dough on the grill and cook for about four minutes on each side. You might think your dough is burning because the dough will start to have grill marks, but don’t worry. The charring is what gives this pizza an awesome flavor.
- Slice chicken breast into thin strips and place half of the chicken on the sauced dough. Add artichoke hearts and sprinkle with smoked Gouda and mozzarella cheeses then top with the remainder of chicken and grilled red onions.
- Place pizza on grill and close lid for five minutes or until cheese is melted. Top the pizza with chopped cilantro and serve.
Want more recipes like this? Be sure to check out CURVY Magazine Issue 03