Written by KEKE SIMOT & MELANIE BRYANT
Honey Poached Pears with Lavender and Saffron
- 8 small pears, peeled, stems intact
- 5 cups of water
- 6 tablespoons of honey
- 1 small, 2 inch piece of cinnamon stick
- 2 lavender heads
- Pinch of saffron
- Crushed, toasted almonds
- Rose petals and saffron threads
- Place the water, honey, cinnamon stick, lavender and saffron threads into a sauce pot large enough to hold the pears; bring to a boil.
- Gently add the pears and lower the heat; baste the pears with the liquid, until they’re cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and allow them to cool.
- To serve, place a pear on a plate, drizzle with the syrup; garnish with rose petals and saffron threads, then a dusting of crushed, toasted almonds.
Want more recipes like this? Be sure to check out CURVY Magazine Issue 02.