Written by CHEF KENNETH TEMPLE
SERVES: 12 APPETIZERS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR
PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES
New Orleans Crab Cakes with Creole Mustard Sauce
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white onions, small diced
- 1/4 cups celery, small diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, small diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lbs. claw crab meat, cleaned pinch dry thyme
- 2 cups panko
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- To taste: kosher salt and black pepper dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup romano, grated
- 2 oz. micro greens
CREOLE MUSTARD SAUCE – MAKES 2 CUPS
- 4 oz. creole mustard, weighed out
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Sauté onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic and thyme in butter until onions are cooked. Add crab meat, green onions, cayenne and Worcestershire.
- Simmer for 2 minutes toss gently.
- Remove from heat and gently mix in cheese, bread crumbs, egg, savory seasoning.
- Spray mini cupcake pan with cooking spray and scoop crab mixture in and bake 350 degrees until golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with creole mustard sauce and micro greens.
CREOLE MUSTARD SAUCE
- In a bowl whisk all ingredients together. Sit aside.
Want more recipes like this? Be sure to check out CURVY Magazine Issue 03