There is nothing better than the summer. It is a time for fun in the sun as well as vacations, barbecues and beautiful beach days. It is a season of freedom in clothing, makeup, hair and beauty in general. The best part is picking out your summer looks for that beautiful vacation. This can include everything from your clothes to your makeup. But what to do when you are need to get ready to go from the beach to that romantic dinner reservation in a short time? You want to look your best, but don’t want to look rushed. The most important thing to remember is that less can sometimes be more if you do it correctly. You can look flawless and still look like that natural beauty you are. Follow these simple tips & products to get that gorgeous evening look in minutes:
• Face – During the summer, you want to stay away from heavy foundation, especially if in a humid climate. The solution: tinted moisturizer such as Smashbox’s Sheer Focus tinted moisturizer or Stila’s Sheer Color tinted moisturizer. Both are lightweight and oil-free for those who tend to have oilier skin. They give just the right amount of color to even skin tone and hydrate after a long day in the sun. You can set it with IT cosmetics Bye Bye Pores HD micropowder for that poreless, airbrushed look.
• Cheeks – You need to have that illuminating color that looks natural. This is a perfect season to use cream or liquid blushes. They give a fabulous flush to the skin, are buildable and work with all skin tones and types. Some fabulous ones to try are Urban Decay’s glide on cheek tint and Tarte’s cheek stain. They have a wide range of shades for all skin tones and glide easily on the skin without clogging pores.
• Highlight- It is always good to have that healthy glow that shimmers off your skin in the moonlight. Cream highlighters can be perfect for this. For a quick and healthy looking cream highlighter, try Ultraflesh’s new bronze and glow collections with bronze metalika and shine box shimmer. These travel friendly compacts are perfect for that beauty on the go. Featuring gorgeous bronzing and shimmer shades in powder and cream formulas, they are truly essential for summer beauty.
• Eyes- The key to the perfect evening look is a more dramatic eye. You can use shadows if you like depending on your time frame. A bronze smokey eye always looks beautiful with a nude lip for the summer. It is the eyeliner and mascara that really make your eyes stand out. It is also beneficial to choose a good waterproof formula for both. The Milani Liquif’Eye metallic eyeliners are gorgeous and smudge proof. If you are looking for a little pop of color, you can try Milani’s infinite liquid eyeliner, which is waterproof and comes in an array of vibrant colors. CoverGirl’s lastblash fusion waterproof mascara is volumizing and long lasting.
• Lips- If you want to keep that gorgeous pout through drinks, dinner and dancing, you have to find the right formula that is long lasting. In over thirty gorgeous shades, L’oreal’s infallible Le Rouge lipsticks and glosses give you the right amount of color with a gorgeous and long lasting finish.
The key to going from a day to night look quickly is the application. These are products that are all smooth and easy to apply. They have impeccable formulations that blend beautifully on the skin and leave a long lasting finish. It is all about getting gorgeous and getting out the door with no effort at all. I hope you take advantage and look into these products. The brands listed are easy to find through Sephora, Ulta as well as mass retail outlets for L’oreal, Milani and CoverGirl. I hope you are looking forward to a fabulous summer and I’ll see you on the beach!
Share this post