Who didn’t watch the #AMAs last night? COVERGIRL’s very own spokesperson Taylor Swift won the biggest award of the night, Artist of the Year! She wore a Reem Acra dress and COVERGIRL’s NatureLuxe Silk Foundation for her popular soft natural look created by Lorrie Turk. In addition, COVERGIRL had the honor of teaming up with Katy Perry’s makeup artist, Jake Bailey, for her unique look. Katy, wearing Vivienne Westwood on the red carpet, was awarded a special AMA for having five #1 singles in 1 album. Congrats to both of these beautiful young talented ladies! Below you will find the details on how their glam looks were achieved using COVERGIRL’s latest along with official photos.
Taylor Swift’s look at the AMA’s by makeup artist, Lorrie Turk:
- The American Music Awards Show itself was the inspiration for Taylor’s look. I wanted to reflect the youthful, fun vibe of this event.
- With a foundation brush, I smoothed CoverGirl’s Natureluxe Silk Foundation onto her skin followed by a dab of concealer on the inner corners of her eyes. I applied the concealer with the tip of my ring finger in a patting motion. CG TruBlend Minerals Blush in Shimmering Sands was used along the cheekbones to add highlight and color.
- With a dampened eyeshadow brush, I brushed on COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow in Tapestry Taupe from her lash line to just above her crease and blended that in an up and outward motion. On the innermost corners of her eyes, I applied COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow in Snow blossom with a small damp brush to brighten and highlight her eyes. I lined just the tops on her lash line with a very thin line using COVERGIRL LineExact Liquid Liner in Very Black. I finished her eyes by applying a couple of coats of COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara in Very Black to her upper and lower lashes.
- I applied COVERGIRL ShineBlast Lipgloss in Dazzle directly from the applicator wand and then put it in her purse for any possible touchups later in the evening.
- I wanted to do a sophisticated twist on the “classic Katy” look to complement the Vivienne Westwood couture dress. We went extra dramatic with the signature liquid liner and lashes and went for a coral (orangey) red as opposed to a classic red to pick up on some accents in the dress.
- I perfected her skin by buffing a liquid foundation onto her skin using a large kabuki brush and set it with a dusting of Guerlain’s Les Viollettes loose powder. I warmed her complexion with a tawny blush from nars called “madly” and swirled a tiny bit of a coral shimmer blush called “orgasm”…also from Nars on the apples of her cheeks for a little extra glow.
- I elongated her eyes using a liquid liner marker from Le Metier. Then, I applied 2 sets of strip lashes and coated them with 2 coats of COVERGIRL LashBlast 24HR mascara (available in January!). This is an extra rich formula that lasts forever. I’ve been using this on all my clients for red carpets lately since I can’t always be with them for touch ups. I lined her lower lashline with COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast eyeliner in “violet voltage” I softened it by blending it out with a small shadow brush.
- I used a bright coral red, COVERGIRL LipPerfection lipcolor in “flame”. This was the perfect color to pick up on the dresses coral accents and complemented her pink hair 🙂 I had Katy apply the lipstick directly from the tube and I refined the edges using a small lipstick brush.