Leopard can be a difficult print to wear. If worn improperly Leopard can look tacky and completely over power your would be fabulous outfit. However, if used correctly Leopard print can make a drab outfit look fierce.
Leopard print has evolved over the years, going from exotic and expensive, to versatile, trendy and affordable. With a wide rage of fabrics, textures, sizes, and accessories, Leopard print is great for any occasion.
Layer your favorite outfit with a Leopard print coat or go bold in a leopard print skirt and polka dots. What ever your style, Leopard print can add drama to any wardrobe.
If you want to try Leopard print but don’t know how; The February 2012 issue of In style Magazine offers a few tips about how to vamp up your style with Leopard Print.
Stylist Penny Lovell says,
- “Pay attention to fabric and cut. …Finish with understated extras like a thin belt and platform pumps for a just-sexy-enough date night look.”
- Go for soft abstract print that isn’t quite as bold.
- The large spots make a big statement, but the conservative cut of the dress balances the effect.
- Choose a flowy shape rather thana tight-fitting dress.
- Use simple sleek add-ons to complement busy prints.
If you still aren’t ready to add this bold print to your wardrobe, don’t worry. You don’t have to run out and purchase a leopard print dress. Start small. Try mixing solids like black or tan with a Leopard print top, pumps,or knee high boots.
Add a leopard print belt or clutch to a black pencil skirt for added drama.
Top off your favorite coat (black) with a leopard print scarf or a great pair of leopard print gloves. If leopard print is too wild, try animal or zebra prints instead.